DUCSTeach, President and Founder
DUCSTeach is a student led team of volunteers from Drexel University providing technical assistance to local schools and community groups in need. Our current efforts are based on St. Francis de Sales School located near 47th and Baltimore. Our project started as a CS 164 Honors Project and has continued ever since. We're now looking to expand our program to more people from the College of Engineering and the College of Computing and Informatics.
Volunteer duties can include:
- Providing technical support to teachers and faculty of St. Francis both in person and by email
- Volunteering to assist in teaching classes or leading clubs in technology related fields (website design, app development, etc.) with students ranging in age from K through 8th grade
- Helping coordinate the integration of technology into classrooms by assisting teachers in learning about and applying interactive programs, websites, and presentations
- Talking about and advocating Computer Science, Engineering, and other STEM fields to students of all genders, races, backgrounds, etc.
- Be available for meetings with CS department coordinators, St. Francis faculty, and DUCSTeach student managers